If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: johnny_r
Forum Index » Profile for johnny_r » Messages posted by johnny_r
Carbonize wrote:No that was patched in version 2.3.2.

Hi Carbonize,

Thx, appreciate your quick response very much.

Kind regards,
Johnny
Carbonize wrote:I've not played with the version 2.4 captcha much so couldn't say. There shouldn't be anyway around it as far as I am aware unless you have a second copy of the guestbook running on the same server.

Hi again

Do you know if this bug also applies to 2.4.1 ? http://www.osvdb.org/12246

Kind regards,
Johnny
Carbonize wrote:or update to the newly released version 2.4 of Advanced Guestbook as it now has CAPTCHA.

Hi Carbonize,

Many thanks for your continously effort to support all of us. I have some minor questions and hopefully you have an answer

We have used guestbook 2.2, 2.3 and now upgraded to 2.4.1.
Still there are some ppl that manage to insert entries without using the bot verifier or the later CAPTCHA. They also manage to fake the IP.

Is there ane flaws in the sql db which makes it possible for an hacker to insert post directly thru mysql statements ? and thus avoid the frontpanels (eg. addentry.php etc....).

Kind regards,
Johnny
Carbonize wrote:Ok after numerous requests I have decided to write this mod to let you add a test to make sure the poster is human. It's not infallible and will not stop human posters from spamming.

Hi Carbonize,

Thank you. We are running guestbook 2.2 and have implemented both the admin and form ... solutions on the guestbook. So hopefully
we will see an end to all the spam generated by scripts....

Forum Index » Profile for johnny_r » Messages posted by johnny_r
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum