If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: NoeyG
Forum Index » Profile for NoeyG » Messages posted by NoeyG
Hi again. Sorry for taking your time. I found the post in my database and removed the javasript and edited gh0st^'s message to fit my needs.

I still would like to know the best way to prevent this from happening again though.

Thanks.
Noelle
Hi there. My Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1 was hacked I guess. Actually, it seems as if this gh0st^ character just entered some html code that includes a javascript alert that says "gh0st^ Invades the town! No guests allowed" and you are forced to click "OK" at which point you are taken to their website which I think just has a picture of Angelina Jolie or a look alike anyway.

So, when I try to enter the admin section and delete the post, I am again confronted with the alert and forced to click on the "OK".

I guess what I need help with then is two things. First, how do I delete the post (do I have to go into the database - and if so, where exactly should I look) and second, how do I prevent this from happening again? Could I just put "javascript" on the "bad word" list?

My guestbook is located at http://www.gizkidz.com/guestbook

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know next to nothing about how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Noelle
JTD wrote:This is the clue as to whats wrong. No such file or directory in

How was that being helpful? Integam said he wasn't an expert at PHP, if you couldn't have offered help, perhaps you should let Carbonize take care of it when he gets a chance.

By the way, JTD it is not necessary to shout at someone. It reaks unprofessionalism. While I know you are not a professional, these boards should still be respected as such as should their users.

~Noelle
OK, I started from scratch and re-did the human verification mod and figured out what I had done wrong. All is well. It works great.

Thanks!
Noelle
OK, I noticed that in the General Settings section of the admin panel, there is something called comments password. I thought about this and figured that maybe the reason there were no specific instructions for AG 2.3.3 was because the feature was included. So, I changed everything back to the original code and then enabled the comment password. My guestbook is working again, but there seems to be no password needed to post.

Can you tell I have no clue what I'm doing. Sorry. What should I do next? I was thinking about upgrading to the Lazarus GB, but I'm sort of afraid of doing this. I don't want to have to start from scratch as far as the layout and other cosmetic changes I made.

~Noelle
Hi there. I added the Human Verification test to my guestbook. I believe I have AG 2.3.3. (I didn't see specific instructions for 2.3.3. so I used the ones for 2.3.2 I think - hope that isn't wrong)

Anyway, I made the changes to the code, and now I get an error message that says "Guestbook - Error
You forgot to fill in the Human Verification field. Please correct it and re-submit. "

I filled in the field with the correct word, but it's not seeing it. Any idea what I did wrong and how I can fix it?

~Noelle
Thanks so much Carbonize! You are awesome.

~Noelle
Yes, I do have phpMyAdmin.

I can appreciate that you are a man of few words...as many wise men are.

I'm more chatty myself. I don't need a lot more space, just a little.

Thanks,
Noelle
Hi...

I need some help figuring out how to increase the size of the email notification message that gets sent to those who sign my guestbook. I tried just increasing the size of the text box but that didn't work. (Obviously, I have no idea what I'm doing. lol).

Anyway, If someone could tell me how to find the code I need to edit, and then what to change, I'll be good to go. Right now, the message is only long enough for a couple sentances and a thanks.

~Noelle

Forum Index » Profile for NoeyG » Messages posted by NoeyG
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum