If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: riza
Forum Index » Profile for riza » Messages posted by riza
Hello Carbonize,

Thanks The last post makes sense.

However ,perhaps I have been unable to explain what I was looking for in my very first post.

then creating the query for the search

the actual problem is at this step. I am no mysql expert and so I was asking for actual codes - the way i create the search query covers only the comments and not the subcomments ( that is comments on comment ). Thus I am dealing with the table book_data , but I also need to deal with table book_com in the same go. How ??

The other part was to paginate the results.

Any further help from anyone will be sincerely appreciated.
I get funny about people downloading a guestbook then using it as something else and complaining that it doesn't do something

Hello Carbonize, I am not complaining at all
this script is as wonderful as it can be, and I was just wondering if things further could be done !
However we always grow and uses come into play, like I said, many gbs have this function already implemented.

Even, html does a lot more than what it was intended to be

Adding just LIMIT is not helping and as I said the result page will show the main post or comment and not the comment-on-comments as they belong to different tables

Any REAL help will be greatly appreciated.
1)Many guestbooks have already search function included like xeoman[ xeoman.com/ ]
2)Guestbooks can be searched for certain terms or phrases like "we want more of this and this" by the visitors - this can help to gauge the needs/demands of visitors particularly when one has say thousand or more entries
3)Guestbook is not just guestbook - at certain sites it is like a comment or suggestion book like a science site where one may like to look up certain terms that has been used more than others
4) Some more reasons .....

By the way, do you have any working solution - I will be really grateful
The following adds a good search capability to the gbook

However the problems are 2 :

the result will display the main post only and will miss the comments added onto the guestposts

pagination - if there are say 1000 results it needs to be paginated
If pagination is not possible is it possible to limit the number of results to a prespecified value ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Forum Index » Profile for riza » Messages posted by riza
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum