If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: swankboy
Forum Index » Profile for swankboy » Messages posted by swankboy
That's fine and all, but it's a remote server I host on. I don't have access to the httpd.conf file.
I was able to setup Advanced Poll relatively easily on my home development server running Apache 1.3.26 and PHP 4 in Mac OS X.1.5. Anyway, I host on a server that runs PHP3 and Apache 1.3.6. When using PHP on the site they must be named with the .php3 extension. So, I renamed all the .php files to .php3 in the directory and subdirectories. I also ran a grep replace in all the pollphp directory files. I then uploaded to my server and set the proper permissions and configured via the admin/index.php file. Anyway, the poll displays correctly, but it won't submit a selection. Basically, I click "vote" and it doesn't refresh with results and when I view the poll's results in the admin area it doesn't show any votes tabulated. When I click "view results" it just refreshes the page again. On a side note, when I list the polls I have there are four there, but also the 3rd is duplicated at the top and the description reads: <?php

If I click on it it just displays the list again. I wonder if this is where the problem lies with it not working on the site. The folder to the left of the poll listing has lock on it. When I delete the actual number 3 poll the anomaly at the top remains and can't be deleted even though the number three poll data is gone. What's the deal? Am I automatically changing something somewhere when I do the .php3 swap? Or is this server just not working properly with the poll?

Forum Index » Profile for swankboy » Messages posted by swankboy
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum