If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: padraigh
Forum Index » Profile for padraigh » Messages posted by padraigh
Carbonize,

I cannot remember the error messages as I tried only once to install it. I'll be trying again this weekend to install it on a test site that I have and I'll keep you updated. Like I said earlier, I'm hoping to be able to use Lazarus from now on as it seems much better than AGB.

Again, thank you for your help.

Padraigh
I solved the problem by upgrading to 2.3.4 as suggested by Carbonize. I actually downloaded Lazarus and attempted to install it but got some error messages so then I downloaded AGB 2.3.4 and installed that. I would have stuck with Lazarus as it seems way better than AGB but my client needed her guestbook back so I took the quickest route. I will however be installing Lazarus in future projects.

Have you called your Host's tech support?. I have numerous sites with my host so I attempted to install AGB on those sites also but got the same error message back so I called my hosts and they actually fixed the guestbooks on the other sites without upgrading to AGB 2.3.4..
Thanks for your help, Carbonize....

I've downloaded Lazarus and I'll try installing it later. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Padraigh
Hi,

I recently developed a website for a client and the Advanced Guestbook keeps returning an error. I have 3 or 4 more websites with the same Host and all use the same guestbook without a problem.

When someone attempts to sign the guestbook they get an error "One of the input fields does not seem to be valid." I tried disabling some of the fields in the administration section ( icq, aim and photo submit) but the error is still there.

I also read on this board a solution involving changing an entry in add.class.php from return $hash; to return 'nohash'; but that does not work at all for me.

I also installed AGB 2.3.3. on my other websites which are running AGB 2.3.1 and I get the same error in every one. AGB 2.3.1 runs just fine on those sites.

In every case I installed the guestbook via CPanel

the guestbook location........http://www.whclass55.com/guestbook

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Patrick

Forum Index » Profile for padraigh » Messages posted by padraigh
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum