If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: andyl56
Forum Index » Profile for andyl56 » Messages posted by andyl56
Follow the instructions for including the poll in a new page (php or shtml file) and then in the iframe tag, tell what the filename is...
Here are my suggestions for Advanced guestbook and advanced poll:

More users support: I noticed you sort of have this already but I have to go through phpMyAdmin in order to manager users. I would like a built in way to do this. I would also request that users may only edit their own posts and possibly for the include statements, a way to only show polls from certain users. With your changing username feature, it is kind of essential for me that you make the script makes sure that the username is not taken first!

Guestbook comments take administrator usernames and passwords instead of poll comment password.

Adding these things would be greatly appreciated.
$POLLDB["dbName"] = "YourDBName";
$POLLDB["host"] = "localhost";
$POLLDB["user"] = "YourUsername";
$POLLDB["pass"] = "YourPassword";

$POLLDB["dbName"] is the database name. The person that hosts your website should have given this information to you. I host my own site so I created my own named POLL

$POLLDB["host"] is the host. In most cases, localhost will work. Only change this if your host told you to.

$POLLDB["user"] is the username you use to access mysql. This should have also been given to you upon registration. Mine is root.

$POLLDB["pass"] is the password you use to access mysql. This also should have been given to you. Obviously, im not telling you what that is .

Hope this helped
The cookie thing needs to be above everything else...
I was just looking through stuff and I found out that in the Advanced poll script you can have more users! All that you have to do is execute the sql statement in mysql...

INSERT INTO `poll_user` ( `user_id` , `username` , `userpass` , `session` , `last_visit` )
VALUES (
LAST_INSERT_ID( ) , 'new_username', MD5( 'new_password' ) , '', '0'
);

Just replace new_username and new_password into the correct fields... Now hopefully soon the makers of the script will make a member manager

Forum Index » Profile for andyl56 » Messages posted by andyl56
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum