If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: gbguruted
Forum Index » Profile for gbguruted » Messages posted by gbguruted
Hi,

I'm on 2.3.2 and it seems like some spammers are able to post messages that have an IP address that is already on my keep-out list. They also seem to be able to post messages that have words that are in my banned list, but with no substitution being made. So, somehow they are able to add entries that bypass the watchdog routines. Does 2.3.4 help with these?

Also, the keep-out list seems to ignore the wild card IP address entries, (e.g., I put in "203.125.", yet along comes 203.125.1.234 afterward). So somehow someone is able to bypass the watchdog for that, too.

Also, for 2.3.5, my wish is that the keep-out list could include both IP addresses, wild card addresses all the way down to just the first number, and also allow us to enter in names, like "localhost" or any name used by the spammers.

Wishing out loud. Keep up the great work. As the Beatles use to sing, "It's getting better all the time."

Forum Index » Profile for gbguruted » Messages posted by gbguruted
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum