If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: AntoineArt
Forum Index » Profile for AntoineArt » Messages posted by AntoineArt
How do you connect your db to your config file?
I messed up my guestbook previously and my host fixed it saying 'All we did was go back and connect db to your config file'

I tried to install the Anti Bot Test this morning (which I was successful with previously), but just after I replaced the 4 files I got the same 'Connection Error' as before (just noticed I had 2.3.3 and Anti Bot Test is for 2.3.4 -maybe why)

Thanks
Antoine
Thank you, Carbonize. So I messed up my guestbook just to add something that was already there? Silly, silly me!! Ayway, how do I put the correct database info into config.inc.php?

Thank you,
Antoine
I've just added the 'Anti Bot test' to my guestbook and was so impressed with getting it right, that I decided to also add Email Encryption. The problem was that on the last two pages of code I had to replace, the code on my page was only 98% the same as on the instructions. I went ahead and replaced it anyway but unfortunately wrecked my whole guestbook. I thought perhaps if I download the guestbook again and just replace the pages I worked on (mostly templates)… but I think perhaps I made it worse. The error I'm getting:
"Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'antoine_agbook2@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/antoine/public_html/advancedguestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30 Connection Error"
(http://www.antoineart.com/advancedguestbook/)

Before I start over, is there any way I can recover my guestbook?

Thank you,
Antoine

Forum Index » Profile for AntoineArt » Messages posted by AntoineArt
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum