If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: akhkharu
Forum Index » Profile for akhkharu » Messages posted by akhkharu
Hello,

Carbonize, you tried to help me awhile back, but I was too ashamed (I suppopse) to come back and admit I wasn't able to do what you said because I just don't know how. I've spent hours in this post, having it open and copying/pasting from the instructions in this post, but I always get an error message and the changes aren't made. I really am a novice when it comes to PHP, and need step by step help I've finally had to admit it because I've gone from 5-10 spams a day to 10-100 a day. I spent too long yesterday cleaning out as much spam as I was sure was spam, but I'm getting sick of deleting all these spam posts (plus according to my web stats, some of these are being directed to my site from other guestbook entry pages somehow now !)

I tried a few times to add the script in the 2.2 instructions at the beginning of this post, but I don't have the right Guestbook Templates. This is what I have:

Advanced Guestbook 2.2

Guestbook Templates

- admin_enter.php
- body.php
- entry.php
- error.php
- form.php
- preview.php
- preview_entry.php
- header.php
- footer.php
- icq.php
- url.php
- aim.php
- com.php
- email.php
- success.php
- form_icq.php
- form_aim.php
- form_gender.php
- form_image.php
- com_pass.php
- comment.php

Am I even able to add the human verification test with this guestbook?

Help would be tremendously appreciated, I am so tired of deleting these spams manually, every day.

Thanks!
Cari McKnight
Hello,

I have Advanced Guestbook 2.2 After several hack attacks I finally had to restore a back-up version of my guestbook www.akhkharu.net/guestbook and now none of the text in the comment boxes, or the signers names on any new post will show up. (I also need to add the fix for the spam posters, but one problem at a time ) Is there a way for me to fix this? I don't know what to do, I haven't been able to fix it in the Administration menus and in the MyPHP I have no clue how to do anything in there besides delete the hacked & altered posts.

If this has been addressed before, my apologies, I searched but couldn't find it. I've been here several times for help but haven't had to post because my problem was already listed, (and I've used some great fixes thanx!!) but this time I couldn't find an answer. Any help or suggetions would be immensely appreciated!!

Forum Index » Profile for akhkharu » Messages posted by akhkharu
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum