If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: vrowell
Forum Index » Profile for vrowell » Messages posted by vrowell
Works perfectly now....Thanks!! You da' man!
when I tried to sign the guestbook I got this error msg...

MySQL Error : Query Error
Error Number: 1146 Table 'vrowell_agbook1.book_captcha' doesn't exist
Date : Mon, March 27, 2006 18:47:06
IP : 24.88.92.151
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Referer : http://www.rowelltwins2.com/AdvancedGuestBook/
PHP Version : 4.4.2
Server : Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Server Name : www.rowelltwins2.com

I did the following...

<<<- Download the guestbook and unzip it.
- Edit the config.inc.php file found in th admin folder. You need to fill in your database details.
- Upload the entire folder to your website.
- Visit install.php file in your web browser, fill in the details and select your option.
- Visit your guestbook then login to admin and change the username and password.>>>

When I'm viewing the install file and fill in my info, which selection should I choose?? (create table or create new DB and table or Reset)???

Thanks!!!
Carbonize,
I know I seen this covered somewhere in your forum or this one but can't find now.

How exactly do I install the updated version and keep my current posts?

My hosting package uses CPanel and I'm an idiot at this...I don't want to mess anything up and lose my entries....thanx for any help.

BTW...if possible I'll pay (donate) to get it done!!
Thanks for your help!
Everyone here seems very helpful, especially Carbonize, and I've tried to find a post answering my specific need to no avail before asking...

Visitors have been contacing me saying they can't sign our guestbook. When they hit submit it just clears their entry and doesn't post. Evidently some are able but this has happened to a sizable number of people to our knowledge.

I just turned of the IP banning which I had left at the default 123.123.123.123 until turning it off. Should that fix the problem or is that a known threatening IP address that I should leave blocked? Or, should I upgrade to Lazarus...we are starting to get spam as well?

I'm a complete novice at this but our guestbook is priceless to us and we need for everyone to be able to post.

Please help!!!
Van
www.rowelltwins.com

Forum Index » Profile for vrowell » Messages posted by vrowell
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum