If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: xprt007
Forum Index » Profile for xprt007 » Messages posted by xprt007
Hi,

Thanks for the response and that correction ...
Well I was not suggesting adding that anti-bot test, rather some text label in/near that box with that image verification just explaining what it is and some asteriks or other clarification that just like the *Name & *Message .. it is a required field.

If no other person needs this, I do again request for the name of the file where I could do it myself.
Hi,

After using the human verification script I downloaded from that site, I had peace for sometime, but then I got some evil people managing to get some spam stuff into the guestbook, though not anywhere near to what I was getting before.

After finding this thread, I went & downloaded & tested version 2.4.1 as recommended on my pc. Without filling in that verification code, I got as anticipated:

Guestbook - Error
One of the input fields does not seem to be valid.

When I tried filling in the wrong code, Firefox which I was using totally ignored the Submit button click, as if I had not submitted at all! That was also the case after typing in the correct code.
Could that be a local problem or more than that?

When I tried out IE, the submission worked and in case of the wrong code, the same error message as above.

Has anyone else had the same problems? If so How did u deal with them?

I do request the maker (Carbonize?) to help.
My first suggestion is that some text be added near that image verification to explain what it is/what is supposed to be done with it and that it is a compulsory field. In my world and probably in a number of others', there are unbelievably many PC/Internet greenhorns who simply dont know what that is and would end up giving up on submitting entries & not understanding why. Just a simple text..., probably similar to the one used in that patch before.

In case other people dont have the same problem, I do suggest showing me in which file I can make the necessary changes, before I upload the newest version to a university site I look after, hopefully with this spamming problem done away with.

Meanwhile, regarding the database, is it not enough to just add the table "book_captcha" to the already existing ones with their data or I have to redo everything anew?

Thanks!

Forum Index » Profile for xprt007 » Messages posted by xprt007
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum