If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: tekky
Forum Index » Profile for tekky » Messages posted by tekky
I've been waiting on any kind of help for over a month now. Should I scrap the program and just try something different, something with some support? ANY advice is good advice at this point, but pretty much it's just different people popping in each week or so with their own questions that nobody ever answers.

Suggestions?
thune wrote:6. When it fires up, follow instructions.

That's where I get the problem. It's installed, I can wander around the back of the admin, create stuff, edit it, customize it, but when it comes time to actually install and implement it the gosh darned thing doesn't work. It LOOKS right, but the votes don't record and the VIEW RESULTS doesn't go anywhere at all, just back to the same page.

I've tried every combination of header and body-text code I can conceive of and I can't get it to work. What I need is to find the tutorial on this product or some other such documentation. I'm not saying I'm "too dumb to use this" or anything, just that, well, I may be too dumb to use it.

Please advise?

(Sample is at www.tekjansen.com, though I can't imagine that helps.)

EDIT : Okay, I found that if I uploaded a copy of my incs/header.php to my nav/ folder, the voting results work and take readers there... but it's to a broken and hideous page where the results are anything but easy to find. Any advice at all on this would be helpful, though it may make more sense if you first go look at www.tekjansen.com and lodge your vote to see what I mean.

Please advise... no, PRETTY please advise (with a cherry on top.)

EDIT-2 : Oh my goodness... so now I'm testing it on other parts of my site... I've got it included in to a PHP include (specifically, it's part of the header) but now I'm finding that when I try to vote from the root directory, CHAPTERS directory or NAVIGATION directory, it's looking for the file in there... this simply can NOT be right, can it?
Where are the tutorials for this program? I ask because the HELP within the program leads me in circles and on this site I only find these forums. If there is a FAQ or TUTORIALS section I'd be glad to see it please. The program is not intuitive in its implementation and I'd love to use it if at all possible.

Forum Index » Profile for tekky » Messages posted by tekky
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum