If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: pilotwannabe
Forum Index » Profile for pilotwannabe » Messages posted by pilotwannabe
Carbonize wrote:Do they give you FTP access? I always recommend FTP for file uploading and maintenance. Going from your earlier post though there seems to be a problem moving the uploaded image from the servers tmp folder to the guestbook.

They do and thats what i should have done in the first place! The problem is that once youve uploaded with frontpage you have to stick to it unless you deactivate the extensions and empty your site to reload it via ftp.
Ill to look around to if theres a problem when moving the pics from the tmp folder to the guestbook. Havent thought of that!
Carbonize wrote:I would be but what does Bestand is te groot mean?

Anyway I think the problem is that the folders are not set to 777. Are you sure you gave them the corect permissions?

Please delete the post I just made.

Sorry! got no idea! My server simply allows you to make dirctories public or not. I beleive thats the same. Else where should i look. Im using yahoo webhosting.
Sorry Niels i didnt notice you had reply! Im new around here I also see the x on the preview. But if i omit the preview the picture uploads just fine. Ill keep looking. I beleive its all around the temp file being some how deleted or "Ignored"
In my case i found the problem but not the solution to the uploading picture thing. Since im using frontpage to upload changes to my site, evrytime i do the tmp folder simply dissapears Ill do some research an let you know guys on what i may find. On the other hand im on the same track with the preview. I created the tmp folder on the server and picture upload is back (as long as i don't conect to the server with Frontpage) but i also still have no picture on the preview pane.
Any idea on how to disable preview? I hope my visitors can live without it.
By the way, im still on AG 2.3.1 and using FP2003
I beleive i had the same problem as you Niels. Im not sure why, but it seems the tmp folder was also deleted from my webserver. No pics could be uploaded. I simply created the folder "tmp" and picture upload came back. Im using Frontpage to upload files and at times, beleive me, only at times the tmp folder was there. When i went to the server, it was'nt. Well pics upload are back. I just don't know if this was the solution and hope it keeps working. Else ill have to deal with many unsatisfied visitors. Good Luck

Ive just checked the date, you must have solve the problem a long time ago

Forum Index » Profile for pilotwannabe » Messages posted by pilotwannabe
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum