If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Webbie
Forum Index » Profile for Webbie » Messages posted by Webbie
Despite my efforts to contain the number of spammessages in my Guestbook, it became too much of a daily hassle. Also because my website attracts lots of underaged people the quality of my website is being lowered by all those sexmessages.

Therefor I decided to remove the Advanced Guestbook from my website alltogether. It would've been great if there'd be a feature in AG to approve new guestbook entries before they become visible.
Yes, I am doing that currently, but it's too bad that, as far as I know, you can only block per ISP-range as opposed to blocking an entire country in one sweep. That would really put an end to 99.9% of the spam in my case (my website, forum and guestbook is only meant for dutch-speaking countries i.e. the Netherlands and Belgium).

Also, I don't think you can specify a range between 2 IP-adresses, you can only specify it like:

123.123 (if you want to block 123.123.0.0 through 123.123.255.255)

or can you put a start and end IP in the .htaccess file?
Hi Carbonize,

I run 2.4.1 and the image verification works fine, but I still get spammed about 4 times a day, usually with Russian addresses about pills, xanax etc. They look like automated spammessages. Is there a possibility that spambots can also decrypt these image verification images?

Regards,
Webbie

PS - One more thing, does anyone know of a way to block all countries of the world, except two of them? Preferrably through my .htaccess-file?

Forum Index » Profile for Webbie » Messages posted by Webbie
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum