If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: jcoones
Forum Index » Profile for jcoones » Messages posted by jcoones
I installed Advance Poll as per the instructions and placed the line "<?php require "Poll/db/poll_cookie.php"; ?> before anything else. I then placed the following code where I wanted the poll to appear on the page.

<?php

/* path */
$poll_path = "/home/yourlcbo/www/www/Poll/db";

require $poll_path."/include/config.inc.php";
require $poll_path."/include/$POLLDB[class]";
require $poll_path."/include/class_poll.php";
$CLASS["db"] = new polldb_sql;
$CLASS["db"]->connect();

$php_poll = new poll();

The poll works fine except it allows anyone to vote as many times as they want. I understood that Advanced Poll only allowed one vote per IP.

Is my understanding incorrect or have I missed something during the install and setup?

Thanks
As a PHP newbie I could use some help. I am trying to install Advanced Poll 2.0.2 but can't get it to work.

I have uploaded all the files to the server using ASCII for all of the php files. I'm not sure if any need permission changes though.

I created a new poll from the admin and copied the code snippet.

I placed the following at the very top of my page before the <HTML> tag;

<?php
// Important! You have to include it before your html code
include_once "/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/MyPoll/poll_cookie.php";
?>

I then placed the following snippet in the page where I wanted the poll to be;

<?php
include_once "/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/MyPoll/booth.php";
echo $php_poll->poll_process(4);
?>

I uploaded the page, (which happens to be my index page), to the server.
When I go the the page with my browser all I see is poll_process(4); ?> where the poll is supposed to be.

Am I doing it all wrong here????

Any help appreciated!

I have uploaded all of the files for Advance Poll exactly as instructed in the install notes. (eg: All .php uploaded as ASCII, and all others as binary.) I ran the install and then went into the admin and created a new poll. I copied the code snippet as described but when I access the page all I get is a line of code that says ' poll_process(4); ?> where the poll should be. Anyone got an idea of what I may be doing wrong here?

Any help appreciated.

John

Forum Index » Profile for jcoones » Messages posted by jcoones
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum