If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: MarcoH
Forum Index » Profile for MarcoH » Messages posted by MarcoH
Carbonize wrote:Marcoh email me please.

done..

p.s. renaming the addentry.php works ok here.. (no spam since i changed him)

Also the robots.txt solution must work.

Example if you dont know:
Put a robots.txt in the root of your site.
Put in the the robots.txt file, at least:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /guestbook/
Carbonize,
i have found maybe a possible workaround/solution..correct me plz if i'am wrong.

Because they get the addentry page automatic, i have changed the name to someting different. someting like addentry_**.php.
I also changed this in the config.inc.php, to kept everything working

I will look if this helps today.
I dont think its manual done...
Just checked my logs quick, and there where strange entries.
Without visiting the site, they GET the addentry.php page, and right after that (within 3 secs) the image.php page with this.

2006-09-21 10:52:02 W3SVC4062 ROME **.**.**.** GET /guestbook/image.php id=325ccaf6cdb9a0e2cc8b729a70432120 80 - 72.184.15.221 HTTP/1.0 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0) - http://www.mysite.nl/image.php?id=325ccaf6cdb9a0e2cc8b729a70432120 www.mysite.nl 200 0 0 968 266 374

after that within 4 sec, they POST the addentry.php...and some spam is added.

Hopes this helps.
(I'am searching also for a solution)
Same here..
After a month of no spam, this week they are back. (also on the Guestbook on this site i see)
Looks like they bypass the captcha input. At the moment i block every ip where it comes from, so if the are posting manual, this solves it in time..i hope.

Forum Index » Profile for MarcoH » Messages posted by MarcoH
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum