If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ttk_2k
Forum Index » Profile for ttk_2k » Messages posted by ttk_2k
Hello, any easiest way to upgrade from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 or apply the security patch without re-making the entire integrated site with 2.4.2?

Is upgrading necessary?

Any changed-files only package for download?

Thank you!!
Great Carbonize!

(I can't believe you are so kindly helping people here everyday!!)

Just followed your guide, I have changed the file name and deleted the temporary .htaccess, everything is working perfectly and no more 'forbidden' error!

Thank you very much!!!
Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /gb/addentry.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

——————————————————————————–

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.***.com Port 80

I got above error suddenly yesterday whenever I was trying to leave a message on my guestbook (with the latest version).

Then I checked with my host, because I'm not good at server thing, I could not understand what exactly my host said, they just told me it's because the server has mod_security installed, and in order to solve this problem, I have to change the file name (hell I don't understand this too, don't know what's the problem of the 'file name' either, and had no idea what I had to do)..

Then I searched around on the web, and found a short-term solution, which is to add following lines into the file .htaccess:

Then I returned back to my host, and told them that by doing above helped solving my issue, however they quickly replied me, and said that they would soonly disable the ability for us as users to add above lines into .htaccess to disable mod_security due to the result those code lines could trigger server to be attacked.

Yet I wish to know, because the host will not allow us to use .htaccess to disable mod_security very soon, after that, is there any other solutions?

Thanks very much!
Hi Carbonize,

Thanks for your reply.. I've been away for 2 days so sorry for the late reply.

Finally I've find where's the "problem" It's the validation code.. I had never realized that it was a small letter of "L", but I was always inputing the number "1" (one), because they look exactly the SAME, the small "L" on the image really looks like number "1" but itself, so that's why I said in the topic I'd triple checked and believed it was "correct".

Thanks anyway, after I realized that, there's no problem any more..

Regards.
Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Advanced book, which was upgraded from the previous version, I *HAVE* triple checked all files have been uploaded and the upgrading script had been done smoothly, however now not often, but sometimes I see this message when posting a message or comment: One of the input fields does not seem to be valid.

And I'm very sure that I've input everything correct, as well as the validation code, anyone can tell why this happens? Thanks!
Ok, I think I've found the solution after SOOOO many hours working (I had worked around 5 hours on this before this topic on the forum).... Somebody really did asked this issue before, but not on this forum, on Carbonize's, at here: http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/Forum/index.php?topic=620.0

So a simple solution for me, is to open the file form.php under \templates dir, find action="$GB_PG[addentry]", replace it with this: action="$GB_PG[addentry]?ANYTHING"

See above link to understand Carbonize's idea, thank him!!
Hi, I'm sure nobody has asked this before but I must to, since this issue:

* ONLY happens on one of my server
* ONLY on IE

Well, Advanced Guestbook works perfectly on all of my servers except one, that is for example, when you want to post a message, and in case you've made a mistake, like wrongly input the Validation code and then you will face an error page, which says "One of the input fields does not seem to be valid." Then when you click "Go Back" link on the error page or the "Go Back" button on IE browser tool bar, it will just not work! It keeps staying on the error page when you click "Go back", unlike on another server or here, you will go back to the form where you have written something.

I'm testing this with the fresh installation, it seems like my server couldn't cache different webpages generated by the same file, it caches the latest one. I mean both the form and the error pages have the same URL which is "http://GUESTBOOK/addentry.php", the error page came later than the form page, so when you either wan to "GO BACK" or "GO FORWARD" it's the same page (latest generated one was error page) for my server. But 2 things make the issue more strange:

1) There's no such issue when browsing with FireFox, even on this server.

2) To verify the server's "same file but different webpage outputs" issue, I've written a simple PHP script by myself, which when visiting it, there'll be 2 text field and 1 submit button. The job this page does after the submiting is to get digits from each text field and add them, then print the final result. So after the submitting you will get a different webpage (result) but under the same URL, because everything is written in one file. However, there's no such "Go back" problem with this file at all.

So, this is very strange, and sorry for my poor English, but anyone could help?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Forum Index » Profile for ttk_2k » Messages posted by ttk_2k
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum