If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: chris
Forum Index » Profile for chris » Messages posted by chris
If you log in under the admin window, you can delete or edit enteries. I have figured out how to change a lot through the admin windows.

I just wanted to find the database file to back it up or see if there was ever a way to move the file to another server.

Chris
Thanks for the info. I'll contact my web host and ask about having access. I can't seem to find it on the server.

I don't want to edit the book_data file, I just wanted to back it up. The AG 2.2.1 has a great way to edit messages so I wouldn't see why anyone would want to fool with the file. Unless they wanted to change the date I guess.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Chris
Actually, I had no idea what happen when I set up the MySQL database. After learning how to configure the guestbook templates, I learned a lot. I just can't figure out where on my web server the database is stored.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris
I just learned how to get the guestbook installed and have it working great. I just wanted to know if anyone knows where the data is stored? I am trying to copy some old guestbook messages for someone who had an older version of AG on a different server. I have all the files locally, but can't figure out where the data might have been.

Sorry if someone already asked this. I searched for a while but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Chris

Forum Index » Profile for chris » Messages posted by chris
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum