If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ET
Forum Index » Profile for ET » Messages posted by ET
While there are certain times that I do want the host name, the guestbook is not one of them.

Thanks!
If you are asking about Free Link Page 1.2 - the admin section is included with the script. Did you download it from here? The site owner does not frequent this board - you can try to email him - he may or may not respond....
I think Carbonize has recommended that you use his password reset script to help resolve this problem. I'm pretty sure that it works with either 2.2 or 2.3.1
Glad to hear that you have been able to get it working. I would have no clue why you would be redirected to microsoft.com when you log into the admin. I've never had that type of problem occur.
narl wrote:I have banned the ip 62.254. on advaced guestbook although the users are still able to access the guestbook and sign it. I have it set to Banned IP? YES but it does not seem to work.
I even banned my own IP address but that also did not work...

Narl - did you try putting 62.254.*.* into the IP to be banned or just 62.254.? I've never used it on my guestbook - I ban the IPs at the cpanel level. That works for me.
The use of base_directory is where a lot of people get confused - it is typically not nameofyoursite.com - instead it is the document_root of your site and it is trying to get you to your html pages using the safest route.

Run a search on this forum to find out more about this document root and how to find it if you don't know what it is for your site.
Question 1 - can you get into your links.pl page at all (using the password entry info near the top of the script in links.pl ) ?

Question 2 - did you correctly chmod the links.pl file in your cgi-bin?

does not look like a valid path.

Now this is where most people get confused - it is typically not nameofyoursite.com - instead it is the document_root of your site and it is trying to get you to your html pages using the safest route.

Run a search on this forum to find out more about this document root and how to find it if you don't know what it is for your site - I can create an easy php or a perl page for you to find it, if you still need help with it.
JTD makes an excellent point - a good way to find out if AOL is rejecting email from your server is to go into your website's mail program and send an email to your aol address to see if it goes through!

If it arrives in your AOL email, then you will know that it is not your server that is being blocked. If it doesn't go through, then you will know that all your efforts with changing the guestbook notification process would be useless!
answered in the other thread - Maybe Carbonize or Auron can fix and consolidate.
when you open book_data, switch your tables to browse to get an overview of each row of entries.
The guestbook is set up to use a long string of numbers to record date and time - and that is stored in the MySQL tables under book_data in the "date" column. How to determine the exact series of numbers for each date and time is not something I have been able to determine. That's why I keep backups of all my MySQL tables on a regular basis.

If it will help any, the time is recorded based on 86400 seconds/day.
I also checked using Netscape versions 7.1 and 4.8; SlimBrowser; and IE6.1 - all were fine - no run off -

Might be the settings you have set on your browser.

Shrugz
Carbonize wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
scary

That is!!! Probably is due to a hack attack....

<carbonize has edited to obscure the url to prevent it being abused>
I hear ya on dropping AOL - An over priced product for what is offered, but some people really enjoy it - Who am I to judge?
Ooops I forgot get logged in first - Carbonize - from the earlier posts, I'm sensing that the emails with the visitor's email address are not showing up at the AOL address. So if that is the case, allowing visitor's email address to be entered may not help the situation.

But if the LSander's confirms that the visitor's email address is showing up with the notification, then yes, I think leaving it as you show would work.

Forum Index » Profile for ET » Messages posted by ET
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum