If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: JaeSun
Forum Index » Profile for JaeSun » Messages posted by JaeSun
nevermind ...

i forgot, either i upload the db folder, or the textfile folder, not both under the same directory ... haha!
would it be bad if i "modified" the adv poll script?

i just installed it, but found i needed it to do more things (like, have different titles for each poll as they will be displayed in various places of my site) ...

well, one of the things i did was create new templates .... ok, fine ...

and i liked the popup feature for the results and voting ... BUT, i found that even if i set the templates for the poll to use my custom template, the popup, NO MATTER what would still use the "popup" template that was already defined when i installed it ...

i couldnt figure out why .. i could throw jibberish in my custom template, and it would still default to using the "popup" template...

finally, i figured out that in "popup.php" there was a variable that set the template for the popup to default to the "popup" template...

so i made a new file (called results.php) and set it to default to another custom template which did exactly what i wanted ....

so the question i have is, whats the license/useage for changing the script? am i able to make changes to the script at all? to how far? etc?
i was looking over the installed templates, and then looking at the demo polls placed in the main poll directory .. and the coding is different ...

for example, when i create a poll, and then get the html it tells me to put in the page, it says this:

but like looking at the demo pages

it has stuff like this:

why is it different?
i have a quick question ... how do you make each poll use a different template?

like, i would have 3-4 polls running at various places on my site...

i use this code:

is there a way for me to add another line of code to make it use a certain template??

Forum Index » Profile for JaeSun » Messages posted by JaeSun
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum