If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: bubbagrub
Forum Index » Profile for bubbagrub » Messages posted by bubbagrub
Hi,

I'm using Advanced Poll. I have recently modified the way I generate my content pages so that each page requires an id to be passed to the PHP as a GET variable. The result of this is that when you vote in a poll, it redirects to the wrong page, because it doesn't pass in the variable.

I can't figure out how to access a PHP variable from the Advanced Poll template. I tried editing this line:

<a href="$this->form_forward?action=results&amp;poll_ident=$poll_id>$pollvars[result_text]</a></font>

For example, like this:

<a href="$this->form_forward?action=results&amp;poll_ident=$poll_id&amp;story=$story>$pollvars[result_text]</a></font>

but that didn't work (I have $story=$_GET['story'] elsewhere.

Similarly:

<a href="$this->form_forward?action=results&amp;poll_ident=$poll_id&amp;story=".$_GET['story']>$pollvars[result_text]</a></font>

didn't work. Can anyone help? I guess my real question is, what happens to the templates before they are displayed? What is the markup language? And can I access arbitrary variables in it?

Thanks,

Ben

Forum Index » Profile for bubbagrub » Messages posted by bubbagrub
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum