If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: sailingwave
Forum Index » Profile for sailingwave » Messages posted by sailingwave
Hi
I have been looking at everything to do with the free links directory i have followed you around answering a lot of question i like most have the script up and it seems to come down to the peace of code below, which in my opinion is very badly written no body can understand it because it’s quite simply unexplained , to allow a script to be downloadable for people to use for free and then put no instillation instructs, well I think you can see where i am going with this, it’s all guess work he could have quite easily explained this part of the script usr? Does that mean user? And links? Links is this assuming you have created a folder called links which incidentally I did! or does it mean one of the ffa pages inside the folder I created?
I have tried all variations all I keep getting is the same error, telling me the base directory is not edited correctly! I like most have tried many variations a good 6 hrs worth anyway. I notice in the forum nobody deals with my issue can one clever programmer can break it down for the likes of me for e.g. $base_dir = "/home/usr/you/links."; /home=your value/usr=your value/you=your value/links=your value/ man that would make it very easy for everyone I appreciate anyone who can shed some light on this.. Thanks very much for your time. My site URL= http://adultsworking.com/links/addlink.html and my email= sailingwave@live.com.

# base directory to all link files from the server root without trailing "/"
$base_dir = "/home/usr/you/links.";

Kind Regards Nick
[b]
[/b]

Forum Index » Profile for sailingwave » Messages posted by sailingwave
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum