If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Lee
Forum Index » Profile for Lee » Messages posted by Lee
Hello Forum,

The EU Cookie law comes into full effect next month affecting all EU websites that use cookies.
I'm no programming expert and I'm not sure how to make the poll on my site compliant with the law.

From what I understand, any site that uses cookies for any purpose other than ESSENTIAL operation of the site (so not analytics or page preferences for example) must provide an overt opt-out section on the pages. The visitor must be able to opt-out before ANY cookies are set.

Does Advanced Poll use non-essential cookies?
It may also be necessary to list the cookies used and what they are used for.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,

Lee.
I used this code to allow multiple votes by the same user:
Replace 'pollID#' with your poll ID.
Dear forum,

I installed Advanced Poll 3.0 and would like to set it up to allow the same user to make multiple votes. The reason, is to use it as a feedback service for students so they can rate and comment on lessons. This information will then be made public to future students.

At the moment, the same user can only vote once, but is able to make multiple comments.

I used the code from Demo 2, I think.

I've also set up another page to only display the comments:

Thank you for your time.

Forum Index » Profile for Lee » Messages posted by Lee
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum