If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: nighthawk
Forum Index » Profile for nighthawk » Messages posted by nighthawk
Thanks for the great suggestion.

I've tried it and it works beautifully. Lazarus was very easy to install, and all suggestions were clear.

By the way, Lazarus was one of the guest book programs I had on my short list to try, but for some reason I overlooked it. It turns out to be the best guest book so far.

Have a Great Day!
I engaged the password protect comment feature in General Settings of the Administrator's Section, but visitors are still able to comment.

Is there something I missed here to prevent comments from spammers?

Thanks
Thanks for your reply.

You are right that the syntax error was not causing the icon problem. I never found out what caused the icon problem, so I reinstalled Advanced Guestbook and linked my old database to it.

There was a syntax problem which was escaping me, however, and the culprit was "smart quotes." For some reason my text editor put smart quotes in rather than simple quotes into the config file.
I've been trying to fix missing icons (broke image symbol) in Advanced Guestbook, and ran into another problem in doing so. I am not really code literate, but try to fix things nonetheless. Anyway, I get this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'mysql' (T_STRING) in /home/paduap5/public_html/ppguestbk/admin/config.inc.php on line 65 All of the foregoing is found in the admin/config.inc.php file.

The guestbook is at this url: http://www.paduaprephotos.com/ppguestbk/

Thanks for any suggestions.

Forum Index » Profile for nighthawk » Messages posted by nighthawk
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum