If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: lisajill
Forum Index » Profile for lisajill » Messages posted by lisajill
Thanks Auron =)

The problem is that I have no idea how long I'll leave the poll; depends when I uh, get bored - it's a personal site so =)

Can i set it to a large number, then when I want to change it set it to like, 1 hour and have it expire then change it so people can vote?

If that makes sense?

If not I may need to find different software, but I really love this package =)
Also since i added that call before the html when you answer a poll it reloads the page and says

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /u/web/lisaji/index.php:3 in /u/web/lisaji/poll/poll_cookie.php on line 21

twice...

how can i fix that?

thanks =)
Woops that was me...

This is resetting in like 2-4 hours, not the 96 mentioned in the cookie file; i'm going to set it to lie 9999 and see if that helps... would rather forever (per poll) tho =)
Please ignore, I chmodded it to 777 and it worked /blush
I got this working easily, however it seems, after a few hours that it'll let me enter the poll again. My IP's not changing and I'm not clearing cookies.

I figured it's because I didn't have this bit of code (which isn't in the help section, only demo's?)

<?php
/* Include this before your html code */
include "/poll/poll_cookie.php";
?>

I tried putting this in between the <head> and </head> tags (figuring that's what was meant by 'before your html code') and I get this error:

Warning main (/poll/poll_cookie.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /u/web/lisaji/index.php on line 7

Warning main{}: Failed opening '/poll/poll_cookie.php' for inclusion (include_path=:/usr/local/lib/php4/lib/php' in /u/web/lisaji/index.php on line 7

I've tried with several different paths, including /u/web/lisaji/poll/poll_cookie.php (where it's at), ./poll_cookie.php and /poll/poll_cookie.php'

The file is definitely there and I'm positive about the path, am I missing something here?

Thank you =)

Forum Index » Profile for lisajill » Messages posted by lisajill
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum