If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: dbztoolkit
Forum Index » Profile for dbztoolkit » Messages posted by dbztoolkit
what i need it to do is if someone types in sesilva that will send the message to sesilva.txt i need it to add a link at the buttom saying view msg here and it will link to whatever they typed .txt
like sesilva will send them to sesilva.txt i hope i said this so you can under stanmd what im saying

never worked with links befor in php

this is the best i can come up with

i get a error message

Wrong parameter count for link() in
im trying to make a link catch some data form a form and post this is the best i can come up with

cant get this to work the error message i get

Warning: Wrong parameter count for link() in /home/sites/site15/web/pmsg2.php on line 101
im trying to make a link catch some data form a form and post this is the best i can come up with

cant get this to work the error message i get

Warning: Wrong parameter count for link() in /home/sites/site15/web/pmsg2.php on line 101
now here comes my hard part i trying to make a msg system and i want a user to be able to write to any txt file they want
im using something like this for my messageboard but i need it so the users can type in what file they wnt to write it now it writeing to mail.txt the user they will message to will have there own txt file like if you would sign up it will create like php-forums.txt
and if someone wanted to messge you they would type in php-fourms and it will send there info to php-fourms.txt
this is the code i would need chaged dotn know how to do this can anyone help
this is the pice of the code i think needs to be changed

but here is the whole code
[/code]
im new to this i need to know if anyone knows a site that shows beginners how to o this if you know any can you please post d
I need this to right the form content to the txt file if you know how help me please ive been trying for a week

this is the form in message.php
<?php
<form name="form1" method="post" action="messageboard.php" >
<input type="name" name="name" value="name"> </form>
?>
this is the messageboard.php

<?php
$filename = 'mail.txt';
$somecontent = ("test this is what is posted to mail.txt");

// Let's make sure the file exists and is writable first.
if (is_writable($filename)) {

// In our example we're opening $filename in append mode.
// The file pointer is at the bottom of the file hence
// that's where $somecontent will go when we fwrite() it.
if (!$handle = fopen($filename, 'a')) {
print "Cannot open file ($filename)";
exit;
}

// Write $somecontent to our opened file.
if (!fwrite($handle, $new)) {
print "Cannot write to file ($filename)";
exit;
}

print "Success, wrote ($new) to file ($filename)";

fclose($handle);

} else {
print "The file $filename is not writable";
}
?>

Forum Index » Profile for dbztoolkit » Messages posted by dbztoolkit
Go to: