If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Deletings spam (also banning IP/host)  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
gbourgui
Beginner

Can someone please tell me how I can log into my guestbook and delete an entry that is executing some sort of script (a dialog box that says "HA HA HA HA HA" ...... and appears to be an infinite loop). If I log into to Easy Admin the message still executes the script and I have to kill IE to get out of it. I can't see how I can get around the dialog to delete this spam.

I read another post about banning an IP/host and I will want to do that as soon as I can get this message deleted. It appears to also be an address that begins "nobody@". Unfortunately (although perhaps not) I deleted the e-mail that alerted me to the fact that someone had sighed my guestbook.

Please help me get my guestbook back online as soon as possible. Thanks.
Jared
Student

if it is advanced guestbook, do it manually from the mysql database through phpmyadmin
just delete the table.

my advise is to turn html off since you must have it turned on if someone can paste javascript.

don't you read through any of the posts on this site. Here is the link to a post that is only 2 messages down.

http://www.proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1430

It appears to also be an address that begins "nobody@". Unfortunately (although perhaps not) I deleted the e-mail that alerted me to the fact that someone had sighed my guestbook

Read your access logs, it will tell you who posted it by IP address and ISP
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
gbourgui
Beginner

Thanks for the prompt reply. Just after I posted my query I realized that I could probably disable Java in IE and then the script wouldn't execute when I went to delete the message. That worked. Next time I'll make sure I get the culprits IP and then ban it. By the way, I wasn't asking about how to ban IPs because I had in fact read that message (that's why I was able to refer to it). However, in any case, I do wish to thank you.
gbourgui
Beginner

I'm not sure that I can look at any access logs, but please tell me where I should look if you think I can. I do not run my own server, but use the services of a web hosting company.

Thanks.

Read your access logs, it will tell you who posted it by IP address and ISP
Jared
Student

Yeah, it was kind of funny. Right after I posted that message, I remembered that you could disable javascript through IE....that is definetly the way to go.

You should have access to your server access logs, you might want to ask your host where they are at if you can't find them. My site uses compression for them. 1 meg = about 30meg file. other hosts that I have used do not.........just depends
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum