If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook intall probs  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Craig W

This is all a bit too technical for me.

I've used the install.php and got up to the "Database and Tables were created successfully!" bit.

When trying to set up the admin after that page, I just get this:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/users/**************/domains/**********.co.uk/sql' (2) in /users/*************/domains/**********.co.uk/html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error

(I added the *** bits)

Please can anyone tell me what glaring error I'm making?! I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions in the install and read me files.

Many thanks,

Craig

Anonymous

did you create a database? and I am not talking about through the install script either. That has to be done separtley. usually through your website control panel......ask your webhost provider if you are unsure.

you should know if you can create a mysql database, if would have been part of the advertisment blitz by your host when you signed up
Craig W

cheers for that...I'll give it a go that way and let you know if it worked!

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum