If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Asked 10 times.. Answered 0 times  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

How do you fix the problem at Advanced Guestbook.. The problem called the "Log-in.. be kicked out nightmare"..

I'm a good forum user.. I allways first strip search the forum.. and after that ask the question.. I saw this question maybe for 10 times.. but allways no right answers.. If it's a frequent question why don't you guys make a FAQ or someting like it..

I stayed up all night yesterday to try and fix this problem.. but it did not work..

I even deleted the hole www.yourdomain.com/guestbook folder.. and the database yourdomain_agbook1 + the user of it.. then installed it.. and gave the SQL queverys.. not the book_auth part.. just the entries and all that.. still I could not enter with 123 and test.. I entered but got "kicked-out" again like normaly.. I also tried to enter before I gave the queverys.. but still it did not work..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!..

If your going to bug me.. then don't write at all..

Only the ones who are prepared to get this problem out of the world are welcome..

I want to say thanx in advance for the ones who are going to do it..

Note: I apologise myself for my bad english..
Anonymous

Now here is a real dumb question that I must ask. Is your browser set up to accept cookies?

Do you have cookies enabled?

if not, get them enabled
Anonymous

Yep.. They are enabled.. And I would know it if that would be the problem..

There's something else.. but can't figure it out..

Still thanks for trying..
Jared
Student

dump your guestbook and your database sql, and just upload the files again. place the database info in the config file, and then send me the link via email or contact me through my contact page. I will install it and see what is going on. This is the best that I can offer you, since it is hard to see the whole picture without actually installing it myself.

that is up to you.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
Anonymous

I don't actually install the guestbook. It's an option on my paid website.. You just enter the name for the folder and the server automaticly installs it.. Should I install it myself.. would that change things?
Anonymous

delete your cookies, and clear your cache. close all open browser windows, then try again
Anonymous

install version 2.3.1 instead of trying to get 2.2 to work.

After looking at your site, it seems that the server's temp directory is full of session files and needs to emptied by the host. They should have a cron job to do this, but since the temp is full, it is not able to pass and read session files correctly. you are right about it kicking you out, but this I believe is the fault of the host
Anonymous

hmm.. thx guys.. I saw something with the name cornjob.. Maybe I should try that..
Anonymous

And o yeah.. For 2.3.1..

Do you guys have an.. sort of update?.. Or do I have to install everything again..?

Note: I thought it was cornjob hehe.. Now I know its cron job ..
Anonymous

version 2.2 --> 2.3.1
all files + sql file

version 2.3 -> 2.3.1
session.class.php

A stupid a bug in session.class.php

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum