If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Moving to a new server please help  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
finnerss

Hi, I'm moving my site to a new server and I don't know much about databases. I know I have phpmyadmin installed in he new server but have no idea on how to re-install and have my existing data (from the old server) going into the new server.

I'll appreciate all the help you could give me.

Sergio Bustamante
Anonymous

What database do you want to re-install? Guestbook database? CMS databse? etc First, in old server, try to save your database: a) structure only, b) data only, or c) structure and data. You can use it later based on your need. Use "Export" facility in phpmyadmin. Second, in your new server, you can upload b) if you already have database structure or c) if you don't have it. Use "SQL" facility.
finnerss

Thanks, it's for Advanced Guestbook. I'll try it as you're telling me. Just want to know if I have to save -besides the database - some files that are on my gb folder.
Anonymous

Is it a question? If so, you should download your files by using FTP.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum