If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
i upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.1 but unable to get in to admin  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
secure

hi,

this morning i upgraded from agbook 2.2 to agbook 2.3.1 .. everything went smooth.. however whenever i enter the userid as test and password as 123 i do see the easy admin console however when i click on password or anything else it takes me back to the admin login page.. i did as some posts said to drop the book_auth and import it again for the issues of session id and timestamp.. however im facing the same problem i cant login.. even when i change the password to blank it doesnt let me through can anyone help me please...
echeng

Looks like everyone is having this problem. I just upgraded from v2.2 and am having the same problem. I hope there is a fix, soon!

(update). I found the fix here:
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bookauth&start=15
Anonymous

i tried each and everything but no luck i still cant work make the admin login work, i tried each and every session id and still none works with me, i dont know how to solve this admin login problem!!!!!
echeng

I did exactly what the post said. dropped the book_auth table, and recreated it using:

... and then logged in as "test" and "123"
Anonymous

by the way i noticed when i upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3.1 and checked the admin login it was working both for test 123 and for that exploit string... however when i ran this command
ALTER TABLE `book_auth` CHANGE `LAST_VISIT` `last_visit` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

i could not enter anymore as test 123 it will always take me back to the admin login page... i was really satisfied with 2.2 the problem is the appearence of this sql exploit just made htings far harder than upgrading.. can anyone just tell me how to work around this, it will be must appreciated.
Anonymous

please echeng can you please look at my guestbook and check whats wrong with it i would appreciate it alot..
echeng

Have you tried the fix I just referred to? Just drop the table and recreate it.
Jam'n
Graduate
[Avatar]

Hi Secure

You can contact me here "removed" put "advanced guestbook" in the Subject line or the message will be automatically deleted.
This rule will only exist for the next 24 hours.

Jam'n

------------------------------------------------

Only the man who's truly educated
understands that he knows very little...

------------------------------------------------
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum