If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Proxy check script for clicks  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
jking01

I know this may seem weird to some, but I manage some Paid to Read sites and we have a problem w/ people using proxies to have multiple accounts with our sites. We do have IP checking in our scripts. They are php by the way. What I am wanting to do is not only log their IP (which we already do) but also I am wanting to be able to see if they are using a proxy or not and if they are, I would like a report that would be able to list the usernames of those who are using a proxy.

I am really not wanting to have to pay for the service. I have found a few places that sell this sort of script and make you sign up to a monthly service before the script works. I am not even sure if this is possible. I am guessing it would take a little coding to do so just I am not sure how much it would require nor am I sure if this sort of thing would bog down the server as we do use quite a bit of MySQL bandwidth as it is w/ rotators and such.

All help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!
Jennifer
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The only problem with your plan is that you would need to maintain a list of proxies to compare the IP's against as this is the only way you could tell if they were using an anonymous proxy or not.

On a different note the problem with banning users for having the same IP is that companies with large networks will have the same external IP for every machine on the network. So if someone refers a colleague they both will have the same IP when checking the sites from their works computers. The same applies to some cyber cafes.

I recently tried PTR programs and decided that the only people making money from them were the people running them and the script writers. I was very amused at reading one sites list of deleted accounts and why, mainly because she had deleted some accounts for having the same password. Since when does having the same password mean you are the same person? the most common password in use today is actually the word password.

There is another way to trick PTR sites. You can view several timed adverts at once by using multiple browsers. For example view one advert in Internet Explorer, one in Mozilla, one in Opera and so on.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
jking01

Yeah, I have talked to a ton of people and we have all decided basically what you explained. Yes, some WM's do get carried away with deleting members. And the whole PTR industry is more a hobby than a way to make good money. For the time one puts in (webmaster or member) they do not make much. Figure the hours they put in and then what little they make, it is a waste of time. Even the WM's do not make millions, I can guarentee that! But it is fun for some of us. Just depends on what your flavor is, I guess!

Thx!
likens

To function, a web proxy must conceal your identity (by hiding your IP address), serving as a go-between between your computer and the website https://en.finevpn.org/how-to-set-up-a-free-vpn-on-ios/ you want to visit. Your laptop will request access to the website via the proxy server, following which it will be subjected to a screening procedure.

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum