If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll - Admin Operating Problem ????  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
ralph
Beginner

I initially installed Advanced Poll and had it operating fine. No problem. I was developing a new web site.

I ftp'd it off my hard drive to a new IP. Problems started.

I tried a number of things, including a complete delete of the database and all files and folders and starting the unpack/install process from scratch.

It works, but, in admin an "S" is returned for all text display/inputs in the display......unless......I go to General Settings in Admin and change the language to english (which it already shows as the language). When I hit the update/submit button, everything is fine until I change screens. Then all the input/displays resolve to an "S".

Have tried another complete delete and reinstall, etc. Can't operate the admin to construct new polls with it in this condition.

Any suggestions are appreciated !!!

(NOTE: I appears that for some reason it is not seeing the "english.php" are not searching in the right place for it. Just can't figure it out.)
ralph
Beginner

I found the problem......sorta.

After hours and hours of trying to get this poll back working I tried Netscape Nav and had no problem. I use IE6. I deleted my cookies and temp files and then was able to access/operate admin properly.

Don't know what's causing this. There's a cookie problem or something where the poll admin is going nuts and the text gets screwed up in admin.

Like I say, don't know exactly what the problem is but it's pretty easy to correct for.
Anonymous

yeah, I'm getting the same problem. I keep going into the general settings and select English as the language, but as soon as I go to a different page within admin, it all goes back to "S".... can't do much administrating like this.
ralph
Beginner

I found and fixed that problem. Just don't remember what it is right off.

I've been doing so much installing and running down bugs/glitches that I don't remember how this one was resolved.

If I remember right it was a pretty simple fix. I will try and remember and post something to try and help. I know what it's like. Believe me.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum