If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem with Advanced Guestbook addentry.php  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

G'day...

I'm in the process of customising the look of the Advanced Guestbook I'm setting up on my web site at www.borrett.id.au/guestbook. I've made changes to the header.php, footer.php and body.php files, which seem to be working just fine on the main pages.

When a user chooses to add an entry, the input page displays fine.

But when the entry is submitted, a thank you page comes up and it is corrupted.

It appears that when the thank you page is displayed, header.php isn't loaded into the page. Just some form of body content, and the contents of footer.php.

Is this a known problem, a bug, or have my changes to header.php somehow stopped it working in this part of addentry.php? Can anyone help?

Best Regards, Lloyd.
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
JTD
Graduate

Well I just signed your guestbook with no problems.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

The register gets signed okay. That's not the problem.

But when I do it, the brief "Thank you" page that is displayed after the user submits the entry, comes up without the content of header.php. Just a garbled body section and the footer.php section without teh CSS definitions that are loaded via header.php.

I just thought of what it might be. Maybe because there is a URL redirection set for some 2 seconds, all of the content of haeder.php just doesn't have time to be loaded.

I'll see what happens if I extend it out to 5 or 10 seconds.
lloyd_borrett
Beginner
[Avatar]

Problem found.

I hadn't found success.php and had been assuming addentry.php still was in control but not including header.php.

But in fact I need to put most of what I have added to header.php into success.php.

It's fun trying to figure out a new system

Many thanks to those of you that visted my site to check out what the problem might have been for me.

Best Regards, Lloyd.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum