If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
GB modify index  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If you unzip the file i sent you and upload the three files into your Guestbook folder it should work fine.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Man dont you ever sleep??? LOL!!
Check your mail I sent you earlier today.

I did exactly as you told me... It must be something else??

I really appreciate your help, Carbonize!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Ok I download a free web template and converted it to use includes. You can see it in action at http://carbonize.co.uk/test/ and the link to download the zip containing the files is on the page as well.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
m.moe75
Beginner

I have been trying to do the same thing. Can I get those instuctions? And how does this work when using a Dreamweaver template?

www.crowleyhigh-classof72.com
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I lost the files when I migrated to the new server. I'll work on something over weekend. I have currently got plans to make it so you can simply use where you want the guestbook to appear and that will be all you need to do but don't expect this anytime soon as it is just part of my plans for the guestbook I am writing based upon Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

On a slightly different note I recommend NOT using Dreamweaver or any other wysiwyg HTML editor to edit the guestbook files as they have a habit of altering things as they see fit. I recommend using a dedicated text editor such as PS Pad.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
m.moe75
Beginner

Ok thanks ! so what you are saying is edit the header and footer.php with PS Pad or Notepad and then paste my html for my template ABOVE? the script? And do the same for footer?

Thank you for all your help!!
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

basically yes. Most pages are made in three sections

HEADER
CONTENT
FOOTER

Your header usually contains such things as your banner and menu. The footer is just to close all the HTML. The content is the bit that varies on every page and this is where you want the guestbook to be.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
m.moe75
Beginner

Anyone know how to make a certain area in a site password protected. Can you provide documentation. I am still trying to get the guestbook to work correctly within my site.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
m.moe75
Beginner

Carbonize,

Thanks for all the help!!! let me know when you have compliled the redirect script
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Hi everyone trying to include AG in a current design,

The procedure for changing the template files header.php and footer.php seems nice, but since there is some code in my header and footer (mainly includes from another place on the site), I get this problem that the template files look like they're not parsing my php code (it apperas as html code in the resulting page).

Anyone?
karlito
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Both the Ravenprom guestbook layout and my entire site were achieved using a simple snippet of PHP code. It is a function called include. First design a page placing the word guestbook where you want the guestbook to go. Remember that the guestbook is a pretty big item. Next you go through the HTML and everything from the start up until the word Guestbook you save into a file called header.php. You then take everything from the end of the word guestbook right up to the very end and save it to a file called footer.php. You now have two choices. The first is to overwrite the header.php and footer.php files that already exist in the guestbooks templates. Second is to place the newly made header and footer files in your webspace and place include ('header.php'); just after the initial <? in index.php of your guestbook then place include ('footer.php'); before the closing ?>.

I have choosed the second choise. But in browser comes :
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in z:\home\localhost\www\guestbook\index.php on line 8

Could you give a hint ?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You would have to show me lines 6 to 10 of index.php or send me the file.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
karlito
Beginner

I have choosed the first choice and it's worked!
Thank you.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum