If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Just moved hosts!!!!!What a Nightmare  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
darrenabela
Beginner

Hi all,

Im in the process of moving my site from one host to an other.

Now I have moved all the files across, however Im not to clue up on the sql side of things. What do I need to do on my new host for the guestbook to work, also do I need to edit any files?

Any help would be great!

Currently getting the error below on the new host:

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 10

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 10

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/image.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 11

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/image.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 11

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/template.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 12

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/template.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 12

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/vars.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 118

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/vars.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 118

Warning: main(/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 119

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/gb.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 119

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: guestbook in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/index.php on line 120
[Email] [WWW]
amber222
Graduate

Most of the error messages are pointing to lines in the index.php file that have to do with files in the lib directory. Are you sure you copied the lib directory and all its files to your server?

Make sure you have set your database info, base url and email in the admin/config.inc.php file.

Also, please read this thread: http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3580
Anonymous

yes you were right the problem was missing files. However I have another problem and just wanted to ensure I wasnt doing this the hard way.

The Guestbook has been transfered across, the problem is that my old host does not have PHPadmin, therefore I need to manually extract the sql DB and import into my new host. Currently the error I get on the new host is :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.jesmondd' (2) in /home/jesmond/public_html/guestbook/lib/mysql.class.php on line 30
Connection Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Error : Connection Error
Error Number: 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.jesmondd' (2)
Date : Tue, September 21, 2004 07:57:27
IP : 205.228.81.23
Browser : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; msie6xpv1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Referer :
PHP Version : 4.3.8
Server : Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.6 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.8 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.19 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Server Name : mercury.svr9-speedyservers.com

from my understanding the config.php has been setup to see a particular db which is cannot see any more on the new host. Instead of trying to migrate it, isnt it easy if I setup the Guestbook from scrath then copy the date across? if so where do I find the data?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Darren
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

phpMyAdmin is free so I recommend downloading it and thn uploading it to your old host. Then you can simply download the databases in a format ready for installing on the new server.

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum