If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guest book can not have blank  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
frankdon
Beginner

Hi
Thanks for your reply, i have tried, it words a bit, but not so easy to do it for other perosns, because they don't know this, so do you have easier
way?
Another question: how how can i use bbcode in guestbook instead of AGcode?
Thanks
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

BBcode and AGcode are just different names for the same thing.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Mentally, I envision [pre] and [/pre] causing problems if the person types a really long string of text without using any hard returns (Enters) since that could cause a really wide page unless the parameters of the message's entry box are pre-defined to a fixed width....

Essentially, it sounds like Frankdon is asking that the guestbook be more like a Bulletinboard with WYSIWYG set-up....
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Bulletin boards would also end up with a wide page under the same circumstances.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
frankdon
Beginner

but in guestbook, i can not see some menus like in forum here?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

As I said I will think about making a mod to do that.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
ET
Graduate

Frankdon - I posted an "image" into your guestbook giving the illusion of an indent - you can save the .gif and use the smilie function to call it indent or tab or whatever you want ot call it so that all a person needs to do is click on the word you choose to call it (like the smilies that you have) and it will get inserted as invisible space.

That's the least labor intensive work-around I can think of.... or be patient and wait for Carbonize to find the time for rewriting the script.

Be well
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

ET wrote:Frankdon - I posted an "image" into your guestbook giving the illusion of an indent - you can save the .gif and use the smilie function to call it indent or tab or whatever you want ot call it so that all a person needs to do is click on the word you choose to call it (like the smilies that you have) and it will get inserted as invisible space.

That's the least labor intensive work-around I can think of.... or be patient and wait for Carbonize to find the time for rewriting the script.

Be well

I'd say adding my [pre][/pre] mod is the easiest method. It will just act the same as quote and code in this forum.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
ET
Graduate

Carbonized writes
I'd say adding my [pre][/pre] mod is the easiest method. It will just act the same as quote and code in this forum.

You may be right -
but options can't hurt since Frankdon seemed liked he was still wanting something more than the [pre] code....

Good job on the code
frankdon
Beginner

Thanks a lot.
yeah, i think to put [pre][/pre]is not so clearly for vistors, because they even havn't basis knowledge about code or something like that, something i want is what i type here, is just like it be shown in the guestbook after i submit, i mean with indent. or if i copy something from word , excel, it will be shown here just like what it is in word or excel.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

yes I'm looking into it but it requires a huge amount of javascript. I may write the mod at some point but I am busy working on Advanced Guestbook 2.4.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
frankdon
Beginner

Thanks for your work.
Anonymous

Frankdon - essentially, you have all the working for the script you want - using the emoticons javascript - a little copy&pasting with a little tweeking and you would have it!

In the javascript portion of the page
and

Place that either above or below the TextArea line

in the form.php or where ever you have the addentry section.... I'm sure you are capable of adding or removing any of the AG codes you want folks to use on your book...

Be well
ET
Graduate

Ooops - that was me above with the javascript and AG Code table.

Hoping that helps
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I was thinking more of implementing the intelligent BBcode button system utilised by this forum.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum