If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Guestbook - I dont want Emoticons...  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Lenyman
Beginner

Hi. Sorry my english.

Im wondering how remove Emoticons (smilies) in the "sign page" (in the Message field).
I just want text for my guestbook.

Thanks!!
ET
Graduate

Lenyman wrote:Hi. Sorry my english.

Im wondering how remove Emoticons (smilies) in the "sign page" (in the Message field).
I just want text for my guestbook.

Thanks!!

Not sure what you have tried - did you try to disable the smilies via admin page under "General Settings" - > General Option -> Smilies -> Disable Smilies - Click that radio button.....

Have you done that?

---------------
Lenyman
Beginner

Yes. I did it.

I chequed:

• disable HTML Codes
• disable Smilies
• disable AGCodes ....... and saved changes.

But when I try to Sign, in the Message field, the smilies (emoticons) they still appear.
ET
Graduate

Okay - so it is the "link" to the smilies pop-up page that you want removed?

The easiest way to keep people from clicking on that link is to go into your language files lang/english.php (or the language you are using)
scroll down on the page to and save it as

That is the quickest way to remove the link without messing with the templates....

If you are talking about pre-existing smilies (already saved in the database) you will need to go into your database to modify the entries that have the smilies coded into the current messages.

---------------
Lenyman
Beginner

Ok..... i will try it tomorrow.

This link is a screenshot of what im talking about. Maybe this way you can understand me.

Link: Look the arrow

I just want: the title "Your Message" and the blank field where people can type.
ET
Graduate

Lenyman wrote:Ok..... i will try it tomorrow.

This link is a screenshot of what im talking about. Maybe this way you can understand me.

Link: Look the arrow

I just want: the title "Your Message" and the blank field where people can type.

Ooooh, I didn't realize that was an automatic feature - I use 2.2 and that's not part of the installation. Sorry for the confusion - Okay - up to speed here - you need to go into templates/form.php

(I would recommend saving the original in a file someplace just in case)
Then edit the one you want to use with your guestbook

Cut/remove
then cut/remove

and save.

---------------
Lenyman
Beginner

ouuuuh yeah!!!!! Thanks too much!

I removed the second part (table) of code you told me. Not the first (script). All is fine now!!

THANKS ET
(I hope you can go home jeje)
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yes as ET just pointed out, and as Amber has mentioned in previous threads, the emoticons on the add entry page are hard coded into the HTML for some bizarre reason. So even if you don't allow emoticons or just remove the codes for the ones on the page they are still displayed. Wonder if I could write a simple mod to go in 2.3.2 for this, can't be that hard.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
ET
Graduate

Lenyman wrote:
THANKS ET
(I hope you can go home jeje)

De nada - Puedo volver en casa en tiempo - en el tiempo. jeje

---------------
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

OK I have fixed this in 2.3.2. Now the smilies you see on the addentry page are pulled from a template if smilies are turned on. This is only temporary as I am going to write a function whereby if you have smilies switched on it will display the first 12 smilies you actually have in your smilies list as the present method kind of sucks.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum