If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
i made a script to let the users get their own links . .  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

and then I get this :S

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /links/cgi-bin/links.pl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.pictuning.nl Port 80
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Looks like your host does not allow data to be POSTed directly to a script in the cgi-bin.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
ET
Graduate

gozzy wrote:and then I get this :S

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /links/cgi-bin/links.pl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.pictuning.nl Port 80

The frustrating thing about cgi/perl programming is that the errors do not describe what the actual problem might be. Method POST not allowed could mean that you don't have the script chmod correctly or it could mean that you don't have the correct identifying information between the form and the script.

If you wrote the script yourself, then we probably won't be able to help you out very much. If you are using the FFA links script from this site, then I might be able to help if given enough information to be able to comprehend what you have and have not accomplished with the installation.

---------------

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum