If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Banning IP Addresses  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Dazman1360

I have been using the Guestook for some time now, it's an excellent guestbook, but I'm now being attacked by the spammers! It seems to be the same IP address each time, is there a way i can block a specific IP address?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Search the forums.

Look in admin panel of the guestbook for ip banning.
its in there somewhere.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Dazman1360

Thanks Auron. I can only find mention of banning IP addresses when using the advanced guestbook, is it feature of the standard guestbook?
JTD
Graduate

Yes it is. Look in your admin page.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Skorch
Beginner

Use a text file named.htaccess
set it up like below. Then the spammer can't even access any of your pages It results in a 403 error and then you canuse a custom error page to rub salt in it

order, allow, deny
deny from Spammer's IP
allow from all

Late
[Email] [WWW]
Dazman1360

Skorch wrote:Use a text file named.htaccess
set it up like below. Then the spammer can't even access any of your pages It results in a 403 error and then you canuse a custom error page to rub salt in it

order, allow, deny
deny from Spammer's IP
allow from all

Thanks Skorch, but it seems that .htaccess files are not supported by the website hosts!

JTD wrote:Yes it is. Look in your admin page.

OK, I'm feeling a bit thick now. I look in the admin page, and this is what I have:

If I click on the radar button next to the post, then I get the option to delete.

Sorry guys, can I have an idiots guide on how to do it.
neicul
Beginner

Here is a general way to take care of unwanted IP's for you whole site. Inlcude this code in the header of your pages:

If you need to block more than one ip, use the same line again, but with elseif.

let me know how this works for you.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum