If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
help us stop spam...  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Faliol
Beginner

hello...

We can't seem to stop spammers from spamming us We have updatied to the latest version 2.3.4 and installed the human verification script but they are still spamming...I know they can leave message manually but whats weird is that the messages are posted in older posts from legitimate users..I dont see how they are doing this....

Take a look...

any ideas?

http://www.animusmundi.net/guestbook/
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

They are using the comment feature to add spam. You can password protect comments via the General Settings section of the admin.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Faliol
Beginner

Thanks Carbonize! you rock...why didnt i think of that

Question, I use XHTML and CSS for our site...but the guestbook does not validate...what's the best way to make it validate according to W3C standards?

THanks!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Wel first you would have to edit the templates to add the / to the end of such tags as img, meta and br. Then you would have to remove certain tag attributes. It does depend on what version of XHTML you are using.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Wappendorf
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:They are using the comment feature to add spam. You can password protect comments via the General Settings section of the admin.

Or you could use the human verification test mod posted there http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
It will also prevent the comments from beeing spammed.

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum