If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Preview with picture  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
pilotwannabe
Beginner

Sorry Niels i didnt notice you had reply! Im new around here I also see the x on the preview. But if i omit the preview the picture uploads just fine. Ill keep looking. I beleive its all around the temp file being some how deleted or "Ignored"

Why do we fall? So we can learn to stand up.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I would be but what does Bestand is te groot mean?

Anyway I think the problem is that the folders are not set to 777. Are you sure you gave them the corect permissions?

Please delete the post I just made.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Niels
Student

Carbonize wrote:I would be but what does Bestand is te groot mean?

Anyway I think the problem is that the folders are not set to 777. Are you sure you gave them the corect permissions?

Bestand is te groot = File is too big.
They're set to 777. I deleted your post!
[MSN]
pilotwannabe
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:I would be but what does Bestand is te groot mean?

Sorry! got no idea! My server simply allows you to make dirctories public or not. I beleive thats the same. Else where should i look. Im using yahoo webhosting.

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Do they give you FTP access? I always recommend FTP for file uploading and maintenance. Going from your earlier post though there seems to be a problem moving the uploaded image from the servers tmp folder to the guestbook.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Niels
Student

Carbonize wrote:Do they give you FTP access? I always recommend FTP for file uploading and maintenance. Going from your earlier post though there seems to be a problem moving the uploaded image from the servers tmp folder to the guestbook.

Yeah I have FTP access. Why?
[MSN]
pilotwannabe
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:Do they give you FTP access? I always recommend FTP for file uploading and maintenance. Going from your earlier post though there seems to be a problem moving the uploaded image from the servers tmp folder to the guestbook.

They do and thats what i should have done in the first place! The problem is that once youve uploaded with frontpage you have to stick to it unless you deactivate the extensions and empty your site to reload it via ftp.
Ill to look around to if theres a problem when moving the pics from the tmp folder to the guestbook. Havent thought of that!

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Niels if you have FTP access then get an FTP client such as Filezilla and you will have far more control over your files and their permissions.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Niels
Student

Carbonize wrote:Niels if you have FTP access then get an FTP client such as Filezilla and you will have far more control over your files and their permissions.

I already have! I use ftp_le and Filezilla. I set the permissions on 777.
[MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmm I wonder if it's to do with the way AG moves the files. I'm not that familiar with AG 2.4.1 as I mainly concentrate on Lazarus. If I get chance I will check.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Niels
Student

Hi!

I tried it another time with a whole new guestbook, to find out if this works! But the picture is still not shown!!! With a whole new installation!

Help me, please!
[MSN]
Niels
Student

Carbonize? Any idea?
[MSN]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Just to confirm that both the tmp and public folders have their permissions set to 777 ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Niels
Student

Yes!
[MSN]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Carb, here's a thought...

If the gb entry is posted okay and the image is displayed without perview, then with preview does it post okay? Ie. no red 'X'? If the image is visible then that would suggest maybe the preview code isn't linking to the image correctly?

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum