If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Poll 2.07 Instal and questions  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
fmon
Beginner

How do you install a new version of advanced poll, do you just copy the new files over the old? Anything else to do, other than re do your hacks and template mods.

Can the captcha be turned off?

Frank
fmon
Beginner

So, no one knows how to upgrade advanced poll from one revision to a newer one?

Realy only 2 ways, copy over the old files, or run install. How to do it without messing up the DB.

Frank
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Given that the DB has nothing at all to do with the files used for the poll script replacing them will not ffect the database.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
fmon
Beginner

So, to upgrade you just copy new over old.?

By messing up I mean not working with the new version because table names, etc. might have changed; and conversion by an install script might be needed.

Frank
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Well make a back up copy of everything first but that's just common sense. And don't replace the configuration file.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
xeroblade

This f-d up everything, by the way. I had to restore it to the previous version (luckily I backed it up).

I wish someone would tell us how to upgrade properly
fmon
Beginner

Copied new files over old, didn't work. Then dicovered upgrade script in misc directory, ran it, didn't work!!

For some reason the $polvars[base_url] is not correct, every thing that needs it fails.!!!!

So, on another installation that needs an upgrade, we will leave it alone and look for a new poll script.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum