If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[URL Link] - Increase max amount of chars  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
MiC
Beginner

Hey guys,

I've been using Advanced Guestbook for a long time now and i love it. But i use it a lot for sharing funny video's and stuff but like 9 outta 10 links arent placed in the homepage field because its too long and gets cut off or completely not shown.

How can i increase this field so that the homepage link always work no matter how long the link is you insert?
MiC
Beginner

frack, wrong section.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

In form_url.php or just form.php you'd have to change the maxlength to maxlength="50" and then you would have to edit the database using something like phpmyadmin. Lazarus actually has a agcode for posting Youtube etc.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
MiC
Beginner

Yeah Lazarus looks cool but i dont wanna lose all my msg's or have to re-do the template, If i recall correctly you were the one who helped me gettin my template right in the first place

But thanks, i changed the maxlength in form.php (I had it at 999 but that didnt work). I forgot about goin in to phpmyadmin and changing the fields. I could find some fields in book_data and book_private saying "url" where i changed the varchar max length to 255 but still the url gets cut off/doesnt get shown at all.

What am i doing wrong?

Eurm whenn i have the maxlength in form.php to 50 i can't even enter half a url in the input field whenn entering. Let alone make it display properly. So i put that back to 999 and now i can at least insert long urls, but they just wont show.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You have maxlength set to 255 and the database field set to 255 ?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
MiC
Beginner

I have both on 255 and no luck, if the link is too long it wont display it. In admin panel the link isnt shown either, only the name/location/message.
MiC
Beginner

Any ideas?

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum