If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Can't leave comments on guest book entries.  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
repowers

Have what I believe is the latest install - 2.4.3 -- though some of my pages still say 2.4.1 at the bottom, presumably from held-over templates thta I didn't replace.

www.builtstlouis.net/guestbook/

Anyway, when I try to leave a comment on someone's entry, I get back the old favorite "One of the input fields does not seem to be valid." It was working before I upgraded!
[WWW]
JTD
Graduate

repowers wrote:Have what I believe is the latest install - 2.4.3 -- though some of my pages still say 2.4.1 at the bottom, presumably from held-over templates thta I didn't replace.

www.builtstlouis.net/guestbook/

Anyway, when I try to leave a comment on someone's entry, I get back the old favorite "One of the input fields does not seem to be valid." It was working before I upgraded!

Try fully updating. Or reinstall everything except your current config.php file.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
peterplumber
Beginner

One of the upgrades in version 2.4.3 is the addition of human varification testing for the comments. Be sure you are completing that test! That may be the incomplete field the error message is referring to. ALSO besure you don't have the comments password protected.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yup sounds like you didn't replace all the files.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
repowers

Ahhhh, that's much better. Thank you all! The verification on comments is a welcome addition indeed.

On the flip side - does this mean there's no way to update to a new version without replacing all templates and having to redo all your custom changes?
[WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum