If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Hi Carb  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
creig
Beginner

Hello once again, I have a dumb question for you because i know you are the man. I wanted to ask if you know theres a way to put a password protection code on a message board submit button , I have searched and searched to no avail, my problem is that the mess board is in php and i dont know where to begin, If you know of anything i could do to stop just anyone from posting would really appreciate it, Thanks
[WWW] aim icon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

There are always ways but which message board script ?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
creig
Beginner

Well i found the script a while ago and i do not remember where, It would be to much to ask for you to look at the script , i was hoping to just pick your brain a little . Its a textfile message board scripted in php. If you wanted i could email you the msboard.php but you dont have to i dont wanna be a pain in the arss.
[WWW] aim icon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Beats doing the work I am supposed to be doing.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Doesn't it already offer a captcha option on posts or is that only for guests ?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
creig
Beginner

yes it has a capture, that is good, what i would like to do is put a pw protection somewhere because the msgboard doesnt allow me to proof read the messages first, it just post them, if that was possible i would leave it un protected but i think the easiest way to keep un wanted messages is to use a pw, i dunno, think ive lost my mind, hopefully that makes sense to you
[WWW] aim icon
creig
Beginner

i love trying to figure stuff out, just most of the time i dont know where to start, Ive spent the last year working in flash cs4 and just now getting kinda good with it,lol, learning css and php is really fun
[WWW] aim icon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I can easily put in a password that people are required to enter. I'll do it tomorrow. I've just been going through it tightening up security a little, fixing HTML tags and generally speeding it up by removing all the eval crap he had in there to hide the code used to check the copyright was in place and the spam checking function.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
creig
Beginner

Man if there is ever anything i could do for you let me know, Im good at Home Improvements,lol
[WWW] aim icon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

BTW the official site for it is http://www.phpjunkyard.com/php-message-board.php

Carbonize

get Lazarus
creig
Beginner

yup thats it, thank you
[WWW] aim icon
creig
Beginner

how in the world did you know that ? i look in every file i have for it and couldnt find anything with that url, must be like some secret way of coding the copy right. I mean that is a good thing in a way i guess
[WWW] aim icon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Carbonize wrote:generally speeding it up by removing all the eval crap he had in there to hide the code used to check the copyright

Carbonize

get Lazarus
creig
Beginner

oh sorry Carb i was talking about how you knew it was from phpjunkyard.com, was amazed you could tell because i tried looking after you said it and didnt see anything that refers to them, thats all
[WWW] aim icon
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

It will still be heavily encoded in the file you have. I had to run it through the decoding process about 10 times to get to the actual code. Talk about a stupid way of doing things.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum