<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0">
	<channel>
		<title><![CDATA[Latest posts for the topic "Looking for advice on setting up IoT lighting throughout my home"]]></title>
		<link>https://proxy2.de/forum/posts/list/2.php</link>
		<description><![CDATA[Latest messages posted in the topic "Looking for advice on setting up IoT lighting throughout my home"]]></description>
		<generator>JForum - http://www.jforum.net</generator>
			<item>
				<title>Looking for advice on setting up IoT lighting throughout my home</title>
				<description><![CDATA[ Hi everyone,<br /> I’m planning to upgrade the lighting in my home and would like to make the whole setup IoT-based, so I can control the lights from my phone and ideally automate things like switching lights on/off depending on the time of day or whether someone is in the room.<br /> I’m still at the planning stage, so I’m trying to figure out the best way to approach it. I have quite a few rooms to cover, and I’d prefer something reliable that doesn’t require constantly fixing or resetting devices.<br /> Would you recommend going with smart bulbs, smart switches, or a combination of both? I’m also wondering which IoT platform or protocol would be the most sensible choice for a whole-home installation.<br /> If anyone here has done something similar, I’d really appreciate hearing what setup you used, what worked well, and what you would do differently if you were starting again.<br /> Thanks in advance for any advice!<br /> ]]></description>
				<guid isPermaLink="true">https://proxy2.de/forum/posts/preList/10536/32493.php</guid>
				<link>https://proxy2.de/forum/posts/preList/10536/32493.php</link>
				<pubDate><![CDATA[Fri, 11 Sep 2026 09:05:04]]> GMT</pubDate>
				<author><![CDATA[ marrko]]></author>
			</item>
			<item>
				<title>Re:Looking for advice on setting up IoT lighting throughout my home</title>
				<description><![CDATA[ For an entire house, I wouldn’t necessarily equip everything with smart bulbs all at once. In my experience, it makes more sense to use LED lights together with smart switches or modules and motion/presence sensors. This way, you can still use the lights normally, while having the option to add automation later.<br /> Especially with multiple rooms, I would also make sure that the lighting isn’t completely dependent on an internet connection. If the connection goes down, the regular switches should still work.<br /> I’ve also been looking into this topic for a while and came across this overview of IoT Connected Lighting: <a class="snap_shots" href="https://euroindustry.net/iot-connected-lighting/." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://euroindustry.net/iot-connected-lighting/.</a> It explains the subject quite clearly, including the combination of LEDs, sensors, connectivity, and automated control.<br /> Maybe it will help you with your planning. I would definitely decide first which rooms you actually want to automate and then choose the hardware that makes the most sense.<br /> ]]></description>
				<guid isPermaLink="true">https://proxy2.de/forum/posts/preList/10536/32494.php</guid>
				<link>https://proxy2.de/forum/posts/preList/10536/32494.php</link>
				<pubDate><![CDATA[Sat, 12 Sep 2026 07:32:01]]> GMT</pubDate>
				<author><![CDATA[ mateoo]]></author>
			</item>
	</channel>
</rss>