If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Changing dates of Guestbook entries  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
OneSicPuppy

Hi all, I'm new here. I registered so I could post up in the forums and get some help w/ Advanced Guestbook 2.2.

For years I've had my own website, and throughout that whole time I've used the same guestbook... a free one from htmlgear.com to be exact. Well, I just installed Advanced Guestbook 2.2 onto my website and I want to move all of the guestbook entries from the old guestbook onto this one.

I have no problem doing it manually... copy and paste works wonders. Only problem is that the dates won't coincide with the original date the book was signed.

Is there a way I can go in and manually change the dates to when they were originally? If so, could someone please walk me through it? Please understand that I have never used PHP & MySQL ever in my life before. In fact, I have been "using" it for exactly one hour now lol.

So, if I could get some VERY detailed instructions, keeping in mind that I'm a PHP & MySQL newbie retard, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

~J
Anonymous

you need to convert the unix timestamp numbers in the mysql database. To do this with your dates, you can go to any online unix timestamp to regular dates covertor tools. It is very easy, but also very very time consuming. It took me a couple of hours to do.

Timestamp for 17 June 2004 at 09:11:09 () is

Here is a link to one

http://www.theukwebdesigncompany.com/php/php-timestamp-convertor.php
Anonymous

Hi, I am having the same problem. What exactly do you do when you get the timestamp, where do you put it? I'm also new to this, so I'm php illiterate
Thanx
Lenyman
Beginner

Hi...... I can help you...... i dont know if you fixed it yet.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

The timestamp needs to be put directly into the MySQL entry for tha post. I'll write something on it later if I get chance.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Carbonize, have you ever explained how to do it?
I'll write something on it later if I get chance.

If you did, can you give me a link to the post please. I still haven't been able to figure it out on my own
Thank you!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If I'm not to busyin work tonight I'll write a tutorial. Basically if you have phpMyAdmin you need to go to book_data and then browse the entries putting the timestamp in th appropriate slot.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Carbonize,
Thank you so much for the tip, I finally got it and was able to transfer all the entries from my old GB with the proper times and dates.

Thank you!

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum