If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
HELP GUESTBOOK IS NOT CREATING THUMBNAILS  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Please help me GD is working in other scripts like coppermine but not in Advance Guestbook and the images are to big and slow down the guestbook because thumbnails are not being created, please help me what can I do?
khan
Beginner
[Avatar]

Hi
I think You Did not Activated "thumbnails" from administration so login to your control panel and then go to "General Settings" under Field Definitions you can see an option for thumbnails Make check mark toCreate thumbnails

http://www.al-majroh.com/forums/signature.php
http://www.al-majroh.com/forums/includes/signature.php
[Email]
Anonymous

khan wrote:Hi
I think You Did not Activated "thumbnails" from administration so login to your control panel and then go to "General Settings" under Field Definitions you can see an option for thumbnails Make check mark toCreate thumbnails

YES they are! the thumbnails are activated

but the thumbnails are not being created as I said GD is working in other scripts like Coppermine
normang

I just installed advanced guestbook 2.3.1 and have pics and thumbs enabled, and when you go to add a guest entry, you are not able to add a graphic, the picture field is not being displayed when you go to add entry.. Any thoughts as to to why??

thanks for any feedback... Norm
khan
Beginner
[Avatar]

make sure the file "form_image.php" is uploaded to you r server in templates directory if "form_image.php" is not there upload it to your server in the templates dir.I think The guestbook script missing that file so the pic upload field is not showing to users.but befor this login to you admin area and then click on "GENEREL SETTINGS"at this page under "Field Definitions"check "Picture Upload" is it check on "allow Picture Upload" if yes then follow the above options.

http://www.al-majroh.com/forums/signature.php
http://www.al-majroh.com/forums/includes/signature.php
[Email]
Ignatius
Beginner

I'm having the same problem. form_image.php is in the templates directory, where it's supposed to be. Picture Upload is checked, as is Create Thumbnails.

What's wrong here?

My hosting service is telling me to check if there is a ImageMagic Location, and make sure it's correct. Where would this line be found?

Thx
JTD
Graduate

Well one thing I do know about GD. That it will not support gif files. So if the image you are uploading is a gif there will be no thumbnail.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Ignatius
Beginner

.jpgs don't work either.
JTD
Graduate

Ok this is just a wild stab in the dark since GB 2.2 doesnt have this feature and I cant look to see if it has the file Iam going to refer to. But in your includes folder is there a file called constants.php And you will need to look for something resembling this snippet of code. If you have any includes file with that snippet of code in it or close to it you need to set it up like that is. It also might be in one of your panel files. Plus are you positive GD is enabled on your server??? And Iam allmost positive that somewhere in one of the files there has to be some GD php code and I cant find it myself. To make it work.

// If you use GD higher 2.0.1 and PHP higher 4.0.6 set this to 1.
// Your thumbnails will be created with better quality
define('CONVERT_IS_GD2', 1);

Ignatius
Beginner

OK, I finally found the problem...

The script on the 2.3 version of the entry.php template is different from the 2.2 version. I had made considerable cosmetic changes to that page and hoped to be able just to replace it on the new server running 2.3. No dice.

I'll have to redo the HTML on the 2.3 page from scratch, I guess, since I don't know enough about PHP coding to change just the script.

Oh well.

Here's what I'm trying to make the 2.3 page look like:

The Pirate Pom (click on Guestbook)
JTD
Graduate

ROFLMAO Iam sorry Ignatius. But I also Have 2 poms 3 Greatdanes 1 golden retriever and a norwegian elkhound. Can you say zoo. Anyway poms are my favorite. I have had them since i was 8 years old and I am 45 now.*Dangit quit telling your age lol* They are the greatest little dogs in my opinion. Anyway Iam looking at your site now and adding it to my favorites. Anyway the pic below is my little Queen of the house. And if you dont beleive that just ask her.
http://www.ravenprom.org/avatars/Squirty3.jpg

PS. Oh come on admin enable code again please.

Ignatius
Beginner

Wow, you DO have a zoo.

Actually, I don't have any Poms. The site is owned by a friend--I just help her with the coding and graphics. But I'm glad you like it.

Cheers,

Ignatius

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum