If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Importing data from guestbook 2.2  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
hawkeye
Beginner

I have been using advanced guestbook for a while now however I was just hacked today...I finally realized that the software was updated and didn't know about the exploit...

anyway...I have a back up of some of the entries I want to import however I get several errors when trying to SQL it. Tables already exist (Table 'book_auth' already exists ), ETC...

I tried deleting the tables and then sql them back but then I can't access the site?

were there some database changes in version 2.3.1?

Thx
amber222
Graduate

Yes. Carbonize explained it all in a post. Maybe check the Advanced Guestbook Fixes and Mods thread and look for something like "help with upgrading from 2.2."

Carbonize fixed it so people were able to keep the same database and just make a small change. Somewhere there are manual instructions for that and, I think a script, too.
hawkeye
Beginner

too late I already deleted the database and did a fresh install

I guess I lost everything..

Thx
amber222
Graduate

Too bad. You should never have to delete a database unless you are sure you don't want the entries anymore.

Did you try getting the entries through Google cache?

http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4082
hawkeye
Beginner

AMBER YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I never knew about that google trick I and I always thought I was pretty savy with Google!!

I got everything back! Now I just need to get them in there which will be a tedious process! But better then lost data!!

You just made my day! Thank You!

hawkeye
amber222
Graduate

Glad you got your entries back. A lot of work, but once they are all done, it will definitely have been worth it.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum